(ivermectin CREAM, 1%)
Soolantra Cream combats inflammatory lesions of rosacea with a formulation designed for tolerability, utilizing Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream as the basis for the vehicle.1
Proposed dual MOA of ivermectin2-5,a
- Decreases cellular and humoral immune responses
- Parent compound avermectin has been shown to significantly regulate TNF-α, IL-1β, and IL-10 in lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in in vitro studies
- Published clinical case series
aThe mechanism of action (MOA) of Soolantra® (ivermectin) Cream, 1% in treating rosacea lesions is unknown.
Interview with Dr. Linda Stein Gold,
Soolantra Cream Clinical Investigator
Soolantra Cream application instructions
Instruct patients to:
Apply Soolantra Cream to the affected areas of the face once a day. Use a pea-sized amount of Soolantra Cream for each area of the face (forehead, chin, nose, each cheek) that is affected. Spread as a thin layer across the affected areas of the face, avoiding the eyes and lips.
- Hands should be washed after applying Soolantra Cream
- Cosmetics may be applied after Soolantra Cream has dried
- Soolantra Cream is not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use