Let's clear up the facts
Combination treatment has the potential to improve outcomes. For this study, we added Oracea® (doxycycline, USP) 40mg Capsules to Soolantra® (ivermectin) Cream, 1% to measure efficacy and ensure the treatment approach aims for 'clear'.1 Clear is defined as IGA score of 0 according to the IGA (Investigator Global Assessment) scale, which is commonly used by dermatologists.
Both molecules have independent and cooperative effects on the inflammatory pathways of rosacea.
Soolantra® Cream: Pivotal Study Information
The efficacy and safety of Soolantra® (ivermectin) Cream, 1% QD* was evaluated in 1371 subjects aged ≥18 years in 2 identically designed, phase 3 trials. Final results were comparable between the 2 studies, with the least-favorable results presented here.2,3
Soolantra Cream Pivotal Studies: Subject Demographics**
SD=standard deviation. QD=once daily.
*Subjects were instructed to apply once daily every day at bedtime.
**Data shown are from one of two pivotal trials.
Higher IGA Success Rate With Soolantra Cream vs Vehicle Cream at Weeks 4, 8, and 12 in Two Pivotal Studies2,3
IGA success was defined as achieving clear or almost clear
Greater Inflammatory Lesion ("IL") Reduction With Soolantra Cream vs Vehicle Cream at Weeks 2,4,8, and 12 in Pivotal Studies2,3
Inflammatory lesion count continued to improve throughout the study
The most common adverse reactions (incidence ≤ 1%) included skin burning sensation and skin irritation
Soolantra Cream Long-Term Safety Study: Treatment Related AEs4**
A greater percentage of subjects on vehicle/azelaic acid had treatment related AEs vs subjects using Soolantra Cream.
No severe or serious AEs were considered related to Soolantra Cream or AzA.
Five subjects in Soolantra Cream group and 4 subjects in the AzA group discontinued from the study due to an AE during Part B. None of the AEs that led to discontinuation in the
Soolantra Cream group were considered related to Soolantra Cream.
**A Subject was counted once even if the subject experienced more than 1 AE during the study.
With Soolantra Cream, Clearer Is Possible!
- Proposed Dual MOA of Ivermectin*
- Anti-inflamatory and anti-parasitic activity of ivermectin has been shown5,6
- Superior Efficacy to MetroCream Topical Cream, 0.75%
- A phase 3, investigator-blinded, mulicenter, randomized, parallel-group study comparing the efficacy and safety of Soolantra Cream once daily with MetroCream Topical Cream, 0.75% twice daily in 962 subjects 18 years or older with moderate to severe papulopustular rosacea (IGA score of 3 or 4) over a 16 week treatment period.
- Soolantra Cream has a higher IGA success rate** in clinical trials3,7
- 84.9% of Soolantra Cream-treated subjects achieved IGA success vs 75.4% of MetroCream Topical Cream, 0.75%-treated subjects at week 16 (P<0.001)7 in clinical trials3,7
- 60% more subjects became clear (IGA = 0) with Soolantra Cream vs MetroCream Topical Cream, 0.75%
- 33% more subjects treated with Soolantra Cream did not need retreatment (subjects were observed every 4 weeks from week 16 to week 52)8
- Highly Tolerable
- Soolantra Cream was safe and well tolerated
- Soolantra Cream was better tolerated than azelaic acid 15% gel and MetroCream Topical Cream, 0.75%
- Soolantra Cream is safe for up to 52 weeks of treatment
- In clinical trials, the most common related adverse reactions with Soolantra Cream (incidence ≤1%) included skin-burning sensation and skin irritation4,7
- Soolantra Cream utilizes Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream as the basis for the vehicle
- No severe or serious AEs were considered related to Soolantra Cream or AzA
*The mechanism of action of Soolantra Cream in treating rosacea lesions is unknown.
**IGA success was defined as IGA score of 0 (clear) or 1 (almost clear).